Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/customwh/public_html/installation/outside-mount-vertical-installation.php:3) in /home2/customwh/public_html/phpheader.php on line 35
Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home2/customwh/public_html/installation/outside-mount-vertical-installation.php:3) in /home2/customwh/public_html/phpheader.php on line 35
Strict Standards: Non-static method system::create_system_object() should not be called statically in /home2/customwh/public_html/admin_forms/classes/system.php on line 354
Be sure to follow the instrucions in the order shown below. And guys, read it all before starting. There will be a pop quiz at the end. ....just kidding.
OK, let's get started. First, figure out the best place to mount your brackets across the width of your vertical blind. Generally, if the window only has two brackets they are mounted near the ends of track, about 3"-4" from ends (see figure 3). If your window has more than two brackets the others are spaced evenly between the two near ends of track.
1. If you added the 2" above the trim like our measuring instructions suggest then make a mark on the wall at 1 3/4" above casing. This is where the top screw will go. If you added more than 2" to the top of casing adjust your measurment accordingly. This measurment allows for proper clearance at the floor.
2. Drill the top screw into the mark you made with a cordless drill or screwdriver. Be sure to tighten firmly since the top screw holds the majority of the weight of the verticals in place. Next, drill one screw into the lower hole of each bracket.
3. View of vertical blind brackets once installed.
4. Time to install the headrail. First you will want to decide which side you want the controls and stack to be on. All tracks are reversable. Place the front edge of track into the front side of mounting clips as shown then snap the back side of headrail into place. Make sure it clicks into the brackets properly.
5. View of vertical blind track in place.
6. Connect the chain connector for the rotation chain as shown.
7. Rotate open the side cover for the tension pulley like shown.
8. Place the draw cord into the pulley and twist shut.
9. To shorten the height of the tension pulley you will need to find the knot that is located on the lead carrier of the headrail. The lead carrier for a one way draw is the carrier furthest from the control end cap. For split draw tracks it the furthest of the carriers on the control side (like shown). There is a knot on both sides of the carrier, be sure you select the one that is farthest away from the control end of track (left side in this example).
10. Put a double knot in the cord and try to traverse the track back and forth. You'll want to be sure that you shortened the right cord before cutting off the excess. Next, install the tension pulley by placing a scew in the lower hole. Make sure the cord is plum. If not, it will be very noticable after the vanes are installed. Click "Part 2" below to continue.