Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/customwh/public_html/installation/vertical-blinds-stem-track-repair.php:3) in /home2/customwh/public_html/phpheader.php on line 35
Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home2/customwh/public_html/installation/vertical-blinds-stem-track-repair.php:3) in /home2/customwh/public_html/phpheader.php on line 35
Strict Standards: Non-static method system::create_system_object() should not be called statically in /home2/customwh/public_html/admin_forms/classes/system.php on line 354
If you need to replace a stem for your vertical blind track then you came to the right place. These instructions help you replace the stem that holds the louver (vertical slat) in place and also the worm gear which works between the tilt rod and stem.
NOTE: If the carrier body is cracked or broken in any way the new stem and worm gear wont work. If it is a new track that was damaged in shipping we will send you a new track. If it's an existing order under warranty we will also send you a new track.
1. Use the metal beaded chain to rotate the vanes straight open. They must be exactly straight open.
2. View of stems, carriers, and carrier body of our vertical blinds track.
3. Use a pair of needle nose pliers to remove the stem by using a twisting action against the carrier body and base of the stem. The stem should pop out fairly easy.
4. Next, remove the worm gear from the carrier body. The track needs to be straight open for this gear to come out.
5. View of worm gear, stem and carrier body once removed.
6. If needed replace worm gear with new gear like shown. Remember, the track must be fully open. Grab it at very tip, with comb/teeth side facing up and slip into place.
7. Worm gear is in place in this photo.
8. Replace stem by pushing in at base. Place finger on both sides of carrier body so it doesnt move. You may need to apply a fair amount of pressure for it to click into place. Once snapped in you can hang the vane and call it a day. :-)